Deirdre S. Allen, LCSW, LMT, CHT is a body-centered mindfulness-based psychotherapist, energy medicine practitioner, embodied feminine movement facilitator, budding herbalist & ecotherapist, and a lifetime devotee and steward of Mama Earth. Her lifetime of learning and experiences have helped her evolve practices that help others heal their emotional wounds in order to live to their soul’s fullest expression.
Deirdre incorporates nature-based therapy, energy healing, embodied feminine movement, mindfulness and herbalism into her work with clients by weaving in connection to the natural world.
Deirdre considers her relationship to Earth a sacred and spiritual practice that she hopes to inspire in others. She is passionate about helping her clients connect to the natural world. We are part of the natural world and being in relationship with natural beings helps us to see our inner wisdom.
Personal passions: Traveling the Earth. Hiking, Swimming, Camping. Getting lost in nature on purpose. Morning nature hikes and mandala building. Qoya. Making plant medicine. Talking to plants. Caring for the Earth. Cooking and growing my own food. Lovingly tending to my ever-expanding medicinal herb garden. Full moon fire ceremonies and dinners with soul sisters. Despacho (gratitude) ceremonies. Honoring the Earth and all its rhythms through ritual movement and gathering with like-minded souls. Sharing this joy with others.
My two boys-the loves of my life. My two dogs-my greatest teachers on the simplicity of loving and living life to the fullest. My beloved husband, the one who walks beside me on this journey home.
Education & Certifications
- Master of Science in Social Work, University of Texas at Austin
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, University of Texas
- Licensed Massage Therapist, Lauterstein-Conway 500Hr Program
- Certified Hakomi Therapist, Hakomi Institute (Two Year Comprehensive Training & Advanced Clinical Supervision)
- Ecotherapy Training & Certificate Program, EarthBody Institute
- Ecotherapy for Clinicians Certificate: Integrating Ecotherapy into Clinical Practice
- Full Mesa Carrier and Energy Medicine Practitioner, Austin Shamanic Center
- Qoya Teacher Training, Introduction & Initiation
- Qoya Teacher Training, Intensive (in progress)
- Sacred Journey School of Herbalism, Graduate Level I
- Sacred Journey School of Herbalism, Graduate Level 2 (in progress)
- Intuitive Plant Medicine Certificate (in progress)
- Certified Practitioner of Neurolinguistic Programming
- Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist, National Acupuncture Detox Association – Ear Acupuncture for Addictions, Stress, and Trauma
- Emotional Freedom Technique, Levels I & II
- Bach Flower Essence Practitioner Levels I & II
- Reiki Master/Practitioner, The Guardian Method: Reiki Intensive Training Course
* * * * * * * *
“Knowing that you love the earth changes you, activates you to defend and protect and celebrate. But when you feel that the earth loves you in return, that feeling transforms the relationship from a one-way street into a sacred bond”
~Robin Wall Kimmerer